- What are other people doing for lead generation?
- What lead generation strategies are successful?
- What are the pros and cons of certain lead generation tactics?
Over the last few years, lead generation has grown beyond the normal boundaries of postcards and billboard advertising. Nowadays, you can find brokerages marketing themselves with social media and search advertising. The list goes on, and sometimes, it can be hard to keep up with the trend. To see what’s working in lead generation today, watch our video and get some helpful tips on where you should dedicate your resources.If you’re a BoomTown user with a question about this video, please contact Support.
It’s the biggest question in online Lead Generation. What is everyone else doing? Before I answer the question, let’s cover the basics.
First: DIVERSIFY your lead sources!! We all remember the Craigslist disaster of 2013. Ensure if one source fluctuates that your business doesn’t suffer. Next, before you start any online effort, be willing to COMMIT to at least 6 months to allow it to fully develop so you can see how it works in your market. And, Make sure you’re properly Tracking every lead source to determine ROI. BoomTown Tracking Links are a great tool to help.
So, what is everyone else doing? Paid Search- This is a great way to bring a large number of of leads to your site. Whether it’s Google or Bing, these users will be completing a specific search for real estate in your target areas.
2. Zillow & Trullia- With this marketing you are able to single out zip codes and connect with leads who are interested in a specific property. This allows a great jumping off point for conversations.
3. Social Media- Pinterest, instagram, and twitter can be a little tricky if you don’t have a lot of contacts yet. A great way our clients see success is Facebook paid ads. These ads allow for a lot of great targeting options. What do these three have in common? They come at a price and that price will continue to change.
For another approach, there is Organic Traffic. This is going to be big investment of your time to do the work, or your money if you hire someone else. Think of it as renting vs. buying. With the paid options it’s like renting. You see the benefit as long as you’re paying the bill. With Organic, it will be awhile before you see results but in the end- it’s worth it.
Remember Online and Offline Marketing go hand in hand. Check our Offline Marketing video for all the tips and tricks.